It's all about the eyes, folks.
Yesterday I got my contacts out and thought that would be an improvement. I was not prepared for the immediate dry eye that hit me that evening. I'm talking drops every two minutes. I had a not so minor freak out which ended with my father suggesting I take two valium and call him in the morning. If he suggested that, you know I was a good distance on the crazy train.
I was sooooo scared that my eyes were going to stay that way. It was awful.
This morning they got better. I'm on Aldactone for zits and Aldactone is a diuretic. I love it cause I lose 4 pounds whenever I take it, but it occurred to me that it might not be the best thing when you've got dry eye. So I stopped taking it and tried to drink gallons of water today.
I am functioning, which is what they promised. I drove today. I exercised. But it was all kind of difficult and tiring and by 6:30 now I am wiped. I was supposed to go to George Michael in DC tonight and could not go. I just couldn't do it. I was too scared to be far away and knew my eyes would get worse and worse as the evening went on.
Sigh.
I do look nice without my glasses, but this is all very hard. I think I'll be happy a month from now. I think I even noticed minor improvements today, but you really take for granted how vital your vision is.
Gah. I just want to sleep.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment