Monday, July 7, 2008

I really try not to do this...

But I just totally have to brag that my kid is doing puzzles for 4 year olds all by himself. Sometimes it's hard for me to see how smart my kid is because he apparently takes after his father and not me with my ultra fabulous verbal skills (720 verbal) and ummm....not so stellar math skills? (440 math....yeah....really).

But then I see how his mind works. He fits each piece together. He can see the ones he's looking for. This piece go with Elmo. That piece part of Zoe. And he turns then until they lock in place or he realizes that one's not quite right so he looks again and finds the right piece. I remember how he liked to categorize so much even a year ago. He can count. He's basically going to be the antithesis of his mother. I can tell.

But you know. He's still a really friendly kid. He may not end up being a total geek (not that there's anything wrong with being a geek...ahem). Never cries when I drop him off. Always likes meeting new people. Happiest around other kids...just fits right into the bunch (unlike mommy and daddy sometimes).

It's so weird to see how your kid develops despite you. He's such a funny little person. I can't help being pleased when he excels at things, even though I know I didn't have a damn thing to do with it!

2 comments:

niobe said...

So true. I sometimes listen to my kid talk about things and think where on earth did that come from?

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy