Just a note to people if you're googling PRK and you doctor has assured you it's a piece of cake, but you've read lots of bad stories on the internet that contradict your doctor.
Do not believe your doctor.
Believe the stories on the internet.
Day 4 after surgery and my eyes alternate between feeling dry as the sahara and as though little bits of sand are lodged in my eyelids. The contacts (I hope) are making everything hazy and my vision is totally blurry.
How am I writing this? I have my resolution jacked up way high and am revising like crazy.
My husband and mother have lost all sympathy for me by now and I have lost all patience with myself.
I am pissed at myself for not believing what I read and listening to the doctor and his nurses and just hoping that this will eventually resolve itself. I think it will get better, but I don't deal well with long term discomfort and I told them that. I've started to get panicky that my eyes will stay this way forever.
My advice. Don't do it. If you're a candidate for LASIK, I can't speaK to that, but PRK SUCKS! It's miserable and awful.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ouch. It really sounds pretty awful. I have lots of sympathy for you, even if your husband and mother have temporarily exhausted their supply. Not that that helps much.
Post a Comment