Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Emotional Blogging vs. Emotional Eating

I have a whole bag of tootsie rolls down on the counter, folks. And I don't want to have to go there. Since let's try blogging instead.

I've been trying to keep myself really occupied today. Thanks for all your sweet words of encouragement! I am am still TOTALLY FREAKED OUT but you tried. You really tried.

I went to the drugstore and got all my stuff. Mepargen. (Please tell me this stuff will just knock me out for five days.) Refresh plus. Candy! Facial wipes since I'm not supposed to get my eyes wet. I think I can shower with my back to the water. And nonprescription sunglasses, which I thought was kind of funny. It's very weird to think that after tomorrow I won't wear my glasses anymore. (Hopefully.)

I felt a little bit sad about getting rid of my glasses, which is weird. I realized that a lot of my identity is linked to feeling awkward and odd. But it's not really fun to feel awkward and odd. So the more of that person I shed, the more naked I feel! But ultimately better.

Now my hand is hurting. I need to learn a different way to type. I guess I'll update tomorrow if I can. Or when I can!

No comments: