Monday, July 28, 2008

A Brand New Day

Yesterday afternoon the pain started fading and this morning I only had that annoying contact feeling in one eye. That faded over the day and now my eyes don't hurt at all, but are kind of blurry. I harassed the nurse into getting my an appointment this afternoon to see if the contacts could come out, but she warned me that I'd probably need another day or two. This morning that really drove me nuts, but my eyes are feeling better and I think I could handle it.

The bad thing is that I was supposed to go see George Michael tomorrow night in DC and I'm not sure if I'll be up to it or not. I'd really like my contacts out before I go. Things are kind of hazy and I'm not sure how I'll feel so far from home. (I'm not driving though!)

I guess I could drive at this point, but the idea makes me a little nervous. But my vision already seems to be improving and I think I'll be glad I did this in a week or two. (Khana Hura.)

Reading is still hard. I have my resolution turned wayyyyy up, but I managed to exercise at the J today and my mom went home, so I'm on my own with the kiddo.

I guess I'll update if anything changes. So far I would say that PRK is not for sissies. I'd put this up there with pain from my c-section. Different kind of pain, but just as yucky. But I did get a lot of sleep with this!!!!!!

My doctor and his nurses have been responsive to me even if they couldn't really do much during the healing process. So I would recommend them. My eyes seem to be healing well. (Again....don't tempt the evil eye!!!!!)

No comments: