I'm 5,000 words into my 20,000 word fireman (firewoman) story. So far I like it a lot. I think it's better than the novel, and I think the concept of the characters is a little more original. It's about an older female firewoman and a younger massage therapist. Or is he a massage therapist after all? She's really sassy and tough and he's shy and malleable hippie boy. ;) On the surface, anyway. The beginning is pretty sexy, and it's a lot of fun to write! (Although I think I am going to have to do some research into what's it like to be a fireman on a day to day basis!!!!! Let's face it. Who reading it is really going to care? But it has to at least sound like it could be accurate!)
It's due by the end of August, but I think I'll be finished before then. I'd like to finish this up and send it off and then enter one more contest or write one more novella/short story that a publishing house is actively seeking. Then I think I'll get really serious about submitting the novel.
I'm not calling it Burn, Baby Burn. At least I don't think I am. Any suggestions?
In other news, I'm getting LASIK Thursday and I'm scared to death! Major fears: Massive dry eye, will no longer be able to read properly, weird halos that screw up nighttime driving, that I will look freakish to myself with perfect vision, that I will forget and rub my eyes after and totally mess myself up.
But I'm trying to remember that 3 1/2 years ago I told myself that I wouldn't be scared of life anymore. I promised to make these changes because I knew I would be happier in the long run (hopefully). I can't chicken out now! Once I have the procedure done, I'm also considering blunt cut bangs. I just want to be Zooey Deschanel. What? You don't see a resemblance? :)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment