Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome to Miami

The first thing I think about when I hear Miami is that Will Smith song. :) I can't help it. I like Will Smith. What can I say?

We're just back from Miami. We stayed at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle, which was quite luxurious and a bit hoity toity. We felt a little tacky taking our Boston Market back to our room.

There were also tons of European people there-mostly French. I think I kind of hate them. They were all gorgeous and skinny and the ones with kids made it look easy and charming. Stupid weak dollar. Keep the beautiful French people in France, thank you very much.

I had fun and was simultaneously driven insane by being with my mother and grandmother for so long. I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual. I got some great clothes. I swam. I ate too much. (Crap.)

Now I'm home and feeling very sullen about the Democratic convention. I keep waffling between deciding to vote for McCain to make the democrats pay for robbing me of Hillary and realizing that I don't want McCain to be president and then realizing that it's not going to make a bit of difference because if my district doesn't go Republican I will literally eat my socks.

2 comments:

CHANTEUSE said...

I can understand being disillusioned by the convention, but if you actually vote for McCain to "make the democrats pay", then you were never a real Hillary supporter in the first place. John McCain stands for the exact opposite of everything Hillary was running for. Like she said herself on Tuesday, were you voting for her or for the issues she was fighting for?

I'm sorry, but this is a huge sore spot with me at the moment. At the end of the day, it all(sadly)comes down to whether you want a Republican or Democrat in office. They each have a set list of issues and stances, no matter who the candidate is.

Roxanne said...

Well, that's just silly. Whether I vote for McCain or not, I WAS a Hillary supporter. You don't get to define what's real or not just cause you like the guy who won.

I might like what Obama stood for, if I actually knew what he stood for--other than "hope" and "change."

Okay...I'm being snarky. Obviously he's super similar on the issues to Hillary, but I have a lot of doubts that he's actually going to get anything done. I was voting for her BECAUSE I thought she could accomplish things that he couldn't.

And mostly I'm still pissed that I think the person for the job lost. I can be pissed.

BTW, I didn't actually watch her speech. It would have pissed me off too much to watch it. I've seen clips on CNN.

I don't think I'll really vote for McCain, but I'm really not sure I will vote for Obama. I may not vote at all.