Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Voting for Mickey Mouse

While I was in Florida I saw two interesting pieces of information about our candidates for president.

1. Cindy McCain has a half sister who was left nothing in their father's will. Cindy McCain consistently refers to herself as an only child and, according to the New York Times, even did so at her father's funeral with her half sister sitting in the front row!

2. Barack Obama has a half brother (I think he'd got several half siblings) who lives in a shack in Africa. I saw that one on CNN and don't remember the details--just that they were showing Obama's brother reading "The Audacity of Hope." He was saying that Obama was an inspiration to him, and the whole thing made Obama look like a giant as*hole.

I don't like McCain or Obama so I just thought it was all kind of sad and stupid. How can these people talk seriously about wanting to help fellow Americans when they don't even take care of their own family members?

And even putting general consideration aside--like that maybe if you have multi multi millions of bucks it might be nice to throw your half sis a bone or two, or that if you have the connections Obama has, maybe you could help your half brother living in a SHACK IN AFRICA...even putting those things aside...these people are not that dumb, right? They must know that the media will seize on this information and use it against them. Right? And that it make them look like selfish, hypocritical jerks? Right?

It's almost as dumb as say, having an affair and possibly someone's love child. Or getting in on with a chubby Jewish chick in the oval office (not that I've got anything against chubby Jewish chicks).

4 comments:

Cate said...

When I found out Obama didn't pick Hillary as VP I was angry. And I have the same dilemma as you...I don't know who to vote for now. I am not a Mickey Mouse fan so maybe I can write in She-ra, Princess of Power?

Catherine said...

OK...BUT...Obama's father had eight children by four different women. His mother had another child by another father. Now I have a large extended family and they are nit-wits. Some of them are on welfare and choose a certain way of life. Am I responsible for them? Does it say that I am selfish and hypocritical if I, for the sake of my own immediate family, do not open my home to my extended family of idiots? I hope not. But maybe I'm wrong.

Now the "only child" thing at the father's funeral...ouch!

Roxanne said...

Okay, so I didn't know he had 8 half brothers and sisters. I just saw that in Time.

No. I don't think he has an ethical responsibility to family members he doesn't even know, but I DO think it was dumb of him not to help the guy because it makes him look bad. If he's talking about helping poor people and he won't even help his own family members, that just looks bad.

Roxanne said...

--wanted to add....because he's running for president of the USA! He's not the average person. He's running for president!!!!!