Tuesday, August 19, 2008

PRK Update

So, it's been just about a month since I had my PRK surgery. I thought I'd give a little update. I googled people's PRK experiences like crazy, so maybe mine can help somebody else.

I'm finally pretty happy I had the surgery. I think about the 3-3 1/2 week mark I really noticed that I was seeing a lot better. Things are a lot crisper. I'm pretty sure I'm 20/20 now or very close to it, and my eyes should still continue to improve from here.

My eyes still get tired at different points and they can be a little sensitive. But the dry eye is basically gone and my eyes don't get as tired from being on the computer or reading.

So, I'd say that I'm happy I did it, especially since I know it will only get better from here.

It was rough. If your doctor says it's no big deal....that's a big fat lie. The first few days were VERY painful and the first two weeks were just annoying and frustrating and kind of scary, but overall I do think it was worth it. I also think that even though I was pissed at my doctor because I'm a wuss, he was very conservative and I think he took good care of my eyes.

It did really make me reconsider getting a nose job, though! I hate pain!!!!!!

Now let's see if Marc will get it. I would totally have gone for the LASIK over the PRK if I could have.

No comments: