Saturday, August 16, 2008

Relaxing: The Aftermath

I've been futzing around with my bangs all last night and today. I have this fear that I sort of look like Denise from Survivor.



This picture sent David into paroxysms of laughter. (Cool. I just got to use the word paroxysm. When was the last time that happened?) What a nice best friend who takes pleasure in my neuroses.

So I washed my hair this morning (the hairdresser said I could) in the hope that my hair would have a little more body to it. Whoa. My hair was SCARY in the shower. It was dry and felt weirdly attached to my scalp. I had this terrible fear that it was also going to fall out in huge chunks and I'd be bald. Or just have some scary cultish fringe of bangs.

But it didn't fall out thankfully. It was just really dry. And strangely, once I dried it, it felt and looked totally normal. But still a little flat, which I guess is the point. But seriously, it was basically straight just by blow drying it, which was really cool.

I think I like my bangs.

Maybe.

I'm getting a cold. That sucks.

I think I might make my firefighter story into a novel by writing two other connected novellas. Not about firefighters. I am so over the firefighters. I'm not even into firefighters.

In the latest romance novel I'm reading, the hero is ugly. I don't think I like that. I don't think heroes should be ugly. It's a fantasy, for god's sake. But I like the book. I hope I can past it.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Business in front and a party in the back, eh?
Nah, your hair looks nothing like the femullet pictured.