I just had either the funniest or saddest realization I've had in a long time. I was watching Reality Bites, which I loved when I was 18. I mean, I loved that movie. I saw it freshman year of college at NYU and I thought Troy Dyer was the epitome of cool. You know they all smoke in that movie? They smoke. On screen. And it's cool. When was the last time you saw that? (God, I miss cigarettes.)
But today I was watching it at 32. Ugh. 32. And I thought, "Why in the hell does she end up with Troy Dyer anyway? Because U2 plays over him in the background? Because he has a goatee? This guy is never going to make any money and he's probably going to cheat on her (errr....with the nanny). She could be with successful NJB Michael who scored her a TV deal and worships her shiksa butt and she goes for the cute but jerky slacker who will never treat her well!"
Fool.
But that's what being young is all about, isn't it? 32 year old Lelaina would never be such an idiot.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment