Thursday, August 14, 2008

Eye Carumba!

Okay, that's a cheesy blog title. But the big news is that I had my eye appointment yesterday and I am seeing about 20/25. In my right eye, I could read some of the 20/20 line on the chart, but it was still pretty blurry.

I'm 3 weeks out post PRK. I still don't know if I'd recommend it to other people. Maybe in another month. My vision is okay, but not crisp and my eyes still get sooooo tired. I get headaches a lot and my eyes feel sort of itchy and sore...like when I'd have contacts in too long. But that's why I stopped wearing contacts!

It should get better and better from here and eventually my eyes shouldn't be so tired anymore, but it's still probably going to take a while. Plus, I also have to stick this disgusting goop in my eyes at night before I sleep so they don't stick together. Ugh. I could literally tear my eye. Blech.

Tomorrow I get my hair relaxed. Yes, I am transitioning into another person. You can call me Malibu Stacey. (Math really is hard.) I may just get bangs too, damn it! But the nose job is on hold after remembering that pain REALLY sucks.

In writing news...the point of this blog...I sent out the first chapter of my novel for a contest today. And tonight I hope to be able to send it out to another contest.

You don't really win much if you win the contest, but it gets your writing on the desks of editors who would otherwise never read your work without an agent. So, I figure it's worth a shot. I suppose I could just look for an agent, but that just seems really hard. I wonder if it's as hard as I think it is?

However, my firefighter story is totally languishing. I have half left and only about a week to finish. That's depressing, because I really like it. But I don't know if I have time or energy to finish it in time.

But I feel good for entering the contests. If nothing else, it forced me to really tighten and revise the beginning of the novel. I don't know if I would have been so severe with myself otherwise.

1 comment:

my blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.