Friday, August 1, 2008

Misting Fun!



Ever since last summer when we rented a beach house with an outdoor shower, I've been craving one. Today, on a lark, my mom, Gideon and I went to Home Depot to see if they had any freestanding systems I could just attach to our garden hose.

They didn't, but this awesome man ended up helping us and giving me all these great ideas for our backyard. They were out of the piece I needed for the shower, but he showed me all the things we needed to make a backyard misting system for our back deck. It was cheap and easy and now we have little misters that run around our deck and spritz cool water on us. It's so neat! I sat out back in my bathing suit while dinner was cooking and misted myself. It felt very luxurious. :) The best part is that we can easily take it down when it gets cool and put it up again next year.



I also got two pots of sunflowers to put by our front door. I love sunflowers.

We've been doing more home improvement projects. We finally got blackout shades for Gideon's room. It only took us 2 years and 8 months. I just put blankets up over his blinds up until now!

We also finally ordered carpet, which we've been debating pretty much since we moved into the house. I swear I priced out carpet at 5 different places and it finally paid off. We got the carpet on sale (or something very similar) that we wanted for about 1/3 less than I'd seen in the past.

We ripped out our front flower beds and two weekends ago we filled them with new mulch and evened them out. It was hellish, but now they look great. We'll probably plant some new smaller bushes in the fall.

We've also been seriously considering adding on a big family room addition with a giant walk in closet for all of Gideon's toys! Marc would also like to add an office and another bathroom if we do that, but I don't know if it's possible without making our house very dark. But we keep going back and forth about that. It's a big decision, would mean refinancing. It sure would be nice, though.

I love home improvement. My grandfather loved it too. Maybe I inherited his loves of Lowes and Home Depot. I could just spend hours there walking up and down the aisles thinking of cool things I could do to my house!

Here's a funny picture of Gideon eating chips at Stuffys.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Gorgeous little boy. Glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.