Friday, August 29, 2008

That Wasn't The Woman I Wanted

Just because the woman I wanted to see in the white house didn't make it in doesn't mean I want to see just any woman in the white house.

Every news article I've seen about McCain's pick talks about the baby with down syndrome she chose not to abort. The interesting word there is CHOSE. She had the choice, but she doesn't other women to have that choice.

She's way scarier than your typical Republican guy who probably can't even imagine himself in that situation. I guess what makes her scary to me is that she believes so fervently in her pro-life convictions that she lived by them. Actually, I think that's pretty admirable. But it also probably makes abortion personal to her. And that freaks me out.

Now I'm going to have to vote for Obama. Sigh.

No comments: