I'm still waiting to hear if I won or placed in the two romance contests I entered. I am thinking not, but I wish I knew!!!! If I won, that would give me great motivation to edit. But if I didn't, I promise myself that I will edit anyway and send it out.
2 comments:
Hi Roxanne,
I'm a writer too. I don't have to tell you how much the waiting game stinks. I have stories I sent out months ago that I'm still waiting to hear back on. Hang in there!
My motto is, 'Submit it, forget it, and write something new.' If you've written four new short stories or are a few chapters into a new novel the rejection stings all the less. If your work is accepted you're that much farther along to selling the next piece!
Good luck! Do you belong to any writers groups? There are so many good ones depending on what you write. I didn't start selling anything until I hooked up with a good writing critique group.
~Alice
Thanks! No. I don't. I know there is a local romance writers chapter here, but I haven't gone.
I think I've been using the contests as excuses. I have a half written story that I haven't worked on in too long! :)
Post a Comment