Tuesday, October 21, 2008

By a Hair

I could totally make fun of this article about hipster baby naming, except that Gideon was sooooo close to several names on this list. In fact, I specifically remember floating the name Thelonious around until Marc reminded me that we don't even really listen to jazz! I'm also a fan of Ignatius (Iggy Pop of course) and don't even get me started on all the literary names I considered. (One was actually not Atticus, probably because I've weirdly never read the book.)

My other love that Marc says sounds like a disease: Eulalia (ironically means 'fair of speech'). And I was also very into the name Gitsie after a viewing of Party Monster and some fit of 1993 induced nostalgia for Lords of Acid. (Say it with our hyphenated last names and it just screams sexually confused summer in the hamptons ivy leaguer majoring in women's studies.)

It's a good thing Gideon got a biblical name. Cause you know. Those aren't trendy at all! ;)

1 comment:

niobe said...

Sigh. Gideon is one of my favorite names. If I could only persuade certain other people....