Monday, October 6, 2008

Insanity...Plus a New Bathroom!

This has been a crazy week!

I'm still getting over whatever heinous virus I had. My nose is still running and I'm coughing all the time, but I don't feel like a truck ran over me anymore!

Gideon wakes us up early, so last night I had the brilliant idea to just put him in our bed before we went to sleep. Except that he woke up. And wouldn't go back to sleep. Until 6AM. So I got about two hours of sleep last night. Why am I still awake?

On Sunday we decided to finally redo our downstairs powder room. We'd been wanting to do it, and I felt inspired since we have Break the Fast here on Yom Kippur. Of course that meant that it had to ACTUALLY get done before Thursday. I painted the room cream yesterday only to discover that it was awful, so I repainted it today!




I have to say that it's looking pretty good, though. I don't have any before pictures, but the room was painted coral and a sort of sand color with a white swanstone countertop (I think). The fixtures were all kind dated and brass and mixed gold and chrome.

We replaced the counter with a granite counter and got a new faucet. We also replaced the cabinet hardware with crystal knobs and we're looking for a cheap crystal doorknob. We swapped the towel bar holder, toilet paper holder, etc...for brushed nickel and got a brushed nickel light fixture. The (second) color we painted in Sherwood Green by Benjamin Moore. I was worried it was too dark, but I like it.

We still have to put up crown molding. (I'm hoping that goes well, because I really want more of it all over our house.) And I blew up some butterfly pictures I took at the Smithsonian and will frame them in black frames.



I also ordered some black butterfly wall decals and I think I'll find black handtowels and a black roman shade for the window. And voila! Updated powder room!

Also, I've been sticking to Weight Watchers since Friday and I've already lost almost four pounds. I have no idea how that happened, but it sounds good to me!

No comments: