I realize that I'm a little obsessed with my house.
I don't know when or how this happened. But I can't deny it. I spend a lot of time thinking about my house--what I like about it, what I don't, how to improve it. I think the improving it part is what I really like. Marc and I both enjoy home improvement projects, especially the ones we can do ourselves. Perhaps I like them a little bit more. I'm usually the instigator. Marc is strangely handy for someone who has no reason to be. And I like to paint.
I really love Lowes and Home Depot. I could easily wander around those stores for an hour or two at a time, just browsing and imagining.
Today we finally agreed to paint our kitchen cabinets. Not ourselves. We went back and forth about that, but we got a quote from a painter we like that was very reasonable, and we knew from painting the cabinets in the condo we used to live in that it was hard work.
I've gone back and forth for five years about painting our oak cabinets. We redid the rest of the kitchen when we moved in and left the cabinets because we didn't have the money to replace them. So we designed everything else around the cabinets. And then later we still hated the cabinets. So we're going to have them painted a cream color, perhaps with a chocolate glaze. I'm scared. We can't go back, so I hope they look pretty.
One of my friends says I'm antsy. I don't think of myself that way, but maybe it's true. I really like to have a project.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment