I hit the Rashi a little earlier so this post might seem a little disjointed tomorrow. Just warning myself. :) Marc is at a geek meeting tonight, so I'm home alone and bored!
Marc and I are going away tomorrow overnight and coming back on Saturday. I had to bribe and beg everybody to get this to happen. But I just really wanted to get away just the two of us. I have awesome family and friends who agreed to take care of the kiddo.
Speaking of the kiddo, he's being so cute these days when he's not driving me ABSOLUTELY INSANE! It's like supercuteness one minute then demon hellspawn the next. But he is so funny and his vocabulary is getting so great. I am so enjoying this age.
I've been kind of glued to the tube over this whole bailout thing. I'm so torn. On one hand, Marc and I were amazed these past five years or so as all the giant McMansions were built here for such high prices and they all got bought! We couldn't understand how all of these people could afford such expensive houses. We had a good income and we couldn't (or wouldn't) afford them. So we were the responsible ones and bought a house we could afford and now the irresponsible people get bailed out with our tax dollars.
I know it's not that simple, but on the surface it seems unfair.
But then on the other hand, my father would like to keep the money he has invested in mutual funds. As much as theoretically I'd like the companies that made bad (unethical) decisions to pay the piper, I guess their downfalls will impact lots of other people who don't deserve to suffer.
I think that I might be a republican if the republicans would stop with their Christian moralizing. Hmmm. Yeah. Never gonna happen.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sorry, I love you, but your second to last paragraph makes no effin sense. Seriously.
MAH
Really? Even this morning it makes sense to me. :)
Ugh. I'm tired.
Post a Comment