Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lust at First Sight

Marc says I can't fall in love with a house at first sight because I don't know it well enough. Lust will have to do.

We saw the most gorgeous house today. The best way I can describe it is a big old fan house but smack dab in the middle of the west end. High high ceilings with heavy moldings EVERYWHERE. Gorgeous. A beautiful cobblestone patio with a design on it. The backyard was private and a perfect size. Hardwoods up and down. The only shame was that in the picture the wood was dark and just yesterday someone came and refinished them to a light wood. I would have to stain them back. The job wasn't a great one to begin with.

Even crystal doorknobs.

Let's ignore that there was hardly any storage and no set apart downstairs play area (which was a big thing we're looking for). We just walked in and were madly in love and it didn't hurt that the owners relocated some time ago and a corporation now owns the house and has been reducing it steadily for six months.

Let's ignore that we actually own a house. We should have sold our house and then looked because that can take a while these days.

I think we're going to put our house on the market this house or not. If we can sell, I think there are some good deals to be had right now. I kind of wish we'd done it six months ago.

The weird thing is that you can see such a wide variety in a relatively small price range. Most will look awful but then a couple will just be gorgeous. You have to wonder if people do comparisons before they list.

1 comment: