Saturday, September 27, 2008

Down and Back

We're back. We went to Tyson's overnight and did some shopping and actually slept in without a little boy waking us at at 7AM whispering, "The shun is up. The shun is up!" Which is actually pretty funny...except that it's every morning.

I'm kind of sad tonight because my mother is sad. Nobody likes to see her mother sad, especially when you can't do anything about it. And boy would I love to talk about WHY she's sad, but I've learned that you shouldn't always express yourself when you're emotional! ;) Sometimes I would really love to not live where I live. I often have fantasies about where I'd move if I didn't want to be close to my family. It wouldn't be here. Las Vegas, maybe. (Ironically, where our relatives now live!) If not for my family we could pretty much live anywhere we wanted to. But family is so important to me. I hate being away from my mom and I know my parents would be so upset if they couldn't see Gideon.

I really want to start revising my novel again. I'm still waiting to hear back from those contests, but I'm not optimistic. I'm sure that doing some serious (or not so serious) writing would cheer me up!

No comments: