Friday, June 20, 2008

Stalled

I didn't write today. I let my hand rest. Plus, I had a 4 hour appointment at the eye doctor's seeing if I was a good candidate for LASIK. It sucked. I have to go to a retina specialist just to make sure something he saw on my retina is no big deal, but other than that I am good to go. Except that I squirmed a lot after he'd dilated my eyes and was looking at them with a really bright light. I think it's because when my eyes are dilated I am realllly light sensitive, but he was worried I'd freak out when he suction cupped my eye and suggested maybe PRK instead. But PRK has its negatives.

And I am such a nut I'm worried that having good vision will actually be upsetting because I will notice more of my flaws and look fatter to myself. Hello therapy. Marc took pictures of me and had me look at them with my glasses on and off to show me that this was mostly in my head. Which I think it is. I think. Maybe.

Then I made the mistake of telling my father where I'd been when he called and he thought I was crazy and suggested that it was dangerous. (My father only wears reading glasses. He has no idea what it's like to be blind as a bat. I'm -6.0 in both eyes.)

I have the procedure scheduled for July 24. I wonder if I will cancel.

No comments: