Slowly.
Slowly.
I only have about three to four major scenes left. This concerns me a little because the book should really be at least 80,000 words when it's finished. I've been averaging about 2,500 words a scene, which is only going to put me at 72,000-74,500.
I'm not sure what to do about this. I guess it's just a lesson when writing a formulaic book. It's probably something you figure out as you write more of them.
One thing I did not do was create a significant subplot with secondary characters. That would have been smart, but unfortunately I made my secondary characters gay guys (As obviously I would include a gay best friend for my heroine...how could I resist?) But then I was unsure how comfortable other readers would be with an explicit gay romance. (Yes. Make it more difficult. Why?) So I fear I totally copped out on that and went the primetime chaste kiss route and now I really can't add more to that because I don't know how much is kosher. Although, I don't know. Maybe that's the exact reason why I SHOULD add more? It's a little different?
I also did something that I read is kind of verboten, but I did it anyway because I had to do it. The story called for it. So, oh well. It took the story in another direction and added more conflict.
It's not like I have any idea what I'm doing!!!!!
Life has conspired against me to not write, but see....I am writing. It's just super slow. I'm so tired! I will write one more scene tomorrow before I go to sleep.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment