Thursday, June 26, 2008

60,000

I hit 60,000 yesterday. But I haven't written today. I had a delightfully decadent day that I'm actually embarrassed to recount. But, oh well. I will anyway! I dropped my kid off at camp. I played Mah Jong and kibbitzed. Then my mother and I went shopping. I haven't gone shopping with my mother in a long, long time. Maybe years. And I rarely get to spend one on one time with her, so it was a real treat. (Especially because she totally bought me clothes!!!!)

Then I came home to discover that Marc had chopped down the hated Holly trees in our front flower beds that are gigantic and require constant pruning and drop spiky leaves all over the mulch. We have a landscaper coming on Tuesday. I would like boring, easy to take care of, short plants because I seriously kill living things that can't tell me they need to be fed.

I am back on my diet. I ran for the first time in quite a while yesterday. I've been exercising, but I got bored with running and stopped. It was painful. I suffered for my laziness. Why is that the things that are so good for you are painful so boring? Why aren't Zebra Cakes good for me? They are so yummy.

I'm just trying to put off writing. I know I need to write at least 2,500 words tonight. I just don't want to.

Here is a really fun time waster--especially if you liked The Sims!

No comments: