I didn't meet my goal of 25,000 today. I guess I'll stop being so coy....I love the idea that I'm working on my manifesto. Muuhahahaha. Marc practically snorted diet coke out of his nose when I told him that.
I am working on a romance novel!
Yeah. So no manifesto.
Actually, I'm working on a Romantica (TM...no less) book. If you don't know what that is, look it up. You'll be glad you did.
I'm writing like mad and just trying to write it all out...good or bad...good and bad. I just want to get it all out there and then I'll go back and edit. I've enjoyed reading romance novels so much lately that I just thought I'd try my hand at it.
At first it came really naturally, but then the more I got into it I got a little confused. I think I'm back on track. It's just hard to write for long periods of time with a kid and a dog and a house. (Cat doesn't do much but pee in places he shouldn't.)
It amazes me how great I feel when I'm really writing, and I know I should do it more. It's like exercise. I never WANT to do it, but I'm so happy I've done it. I'm suddenly like this happy, giving person and all the insecurities melt away. Well...not the physical ones.
Yeah....I got called Ma'am three times in a row at the deli counter yesterday. That was a blow to the old self esteem. And I do mean old.
So, anyway. I'm up to 23,000 words, which is a lot of pages. But not enough. And tomorrow won't be a great writing day either, but I shall persevere. For real now. I'm so tired of giving up on things. Published or not, I just want to sat that I wrote a freaking book.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment