Monday, November 24, 2008

The Waiting Game

So. I'm supposed to hear back about those contests any day now. Winning really isn't the point, although that would be nice. I pretty much already 'won' by getting in front of the editor and agent. I'm just waiting to see if either one will request more of my book. (Which I haven't finished revising because I suck. But I'm pretty close.)

I keep telling myself not to get excited. I KNOW that what I wrote was formulaic. I know it was my first finished try. It's unlikely that they will ask to see more.

But it's really hard not to get my hopes up. You know?

I haven't been this interested in the phone since before I met Marc.

Ugh.

We go away in a week and a half. I promise that after I get back I am going to start on my new novel. Like really and seriously. I know it's a good idea. I know it can be funny and sexy and silly.

Writing is starting to seem like dieting.

1 comment:

Sweet Coalminer said...

Happy belated #3 to Gideon, and I hope you're pleasantly surprised by news re your writing.