Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Eh.

I wish I could say I was more interested in this election. I voted for Obama, but kind of reluctantly. I never quite got over Hillary losing, and I still think she was the best woman (or man) for the job. I still have no real idea of who Obama is or if he can really accomplish anything. But I thought Sarah Palin's nomination was such a joke (and insult) that I pretty much felt I had to vote for Obama.

But I can't say I care much, which is weird since I live in Virginia and have been dying for it to turn blue forever. Now it looks like it might, and all I feel is...eh.

I had a brief thought of voting for McCain just to piss off the extreme left, which I hate just about as much the extreme right. But ultimately I suppose I couldn't do it because of abortion rights and David, whom I hope will get married one day.

I've been more excited that my cabinets are in the process of being painted and Gideon really likes his new gym class. It's really neat!

And I have not been revising for the past two days. I know I should. I don't know why I can't do it.

I go to NYC on Friday for the weekend to visit David for his birthday. We're going to Babbo for dinner--one of Mario Battali's restaurants and a showtunes piano bar that David likes called Marie's Crisis. Sounds fun! I like showtunes and piano bars and gay men! Yeah! David's also having a party and I get to see some other old friends! And maybe I'll bring home some Babka from 2nd Avenue Deli (no longer on 2nd Ave.).

However, we would not let me go see The Little Mermaid on Broadway or Mary Poppins or anything equally as stupid. He only likes to see boring character pieces that put me to sleep. I keep hoping for a revival of Hedwig with John Cameron Mitchell, but it hasn't come. I'd be up there in about two seconds for that!

1 comment:

Ann On and On... said...

I have enjoyed looking at your blog and look forward to reading more.

You have an straight and honest way of writing. Are you working on anything now?

I am also on blogspot. I also like to write and have just started blogging to clear my head of the random writing thoughts/ideas.