I just saw the "controversial motrin moms commerical" (as YouTube describes it). Too funny. Just too, too funny.
Personally, I thought it was amusing, but only because I am a totally unattached parent. I did try to make my de rigueur hot sling work, but my kid hated the thing and I didn't exactly need a giant pocket of fabric attached to my already voluminous stomach. Chalk me up for a stroller slut.
I think the ad is supposed to suggest that women who have pain from using slings should take Motrin.
But it basically says that baby carriers are just trendy child accessories that martyr moms use to feel good about themselves and appear mom 'mom-like.' Oh yeah. And that moms who wear slings are tired and crazy.
In all disclosure, I pretty much agree with that assessment. (Except maybe the tired and crazy, because most of the moms I know are tired and crazy with or without slings). But I don't think I'm the target audience.
I had a good laugh, though. Thanks Motrin!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment