I can't believe that Gideon's going to be 3 years old on Sunday. I just have no idea where the time went.
I remember when I was in the hospital right after he was born and Marc had just left and the nurse had taken him into the nursery for a little bit. I was lying in bed and Lost came on the tv, and it was just the most surreal feeling. It was like nothing had changed, but everything had changed, and I just lay there and cried.
I'm not sure why, but that memory has stayed with me. I just remember the enormous peace I felt. I guess the best way to describe it was catharsis. It was a combination of intense joy and intense sorrow.
I still feel so grateful for him every day. I swear I love him more each day, even when I have to remind myself not to strangle his adorable little neck. Gideon will never really know how much I owe him.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment