Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Laser Robot Eyes

Marc is getting LASIK tomorrow. He's been very jealous of my post PRK excellent vision. I hope and assume that his recovery will be better than mine. He's supposed to be have vision as good as mine was a month out 24 hours after his surgery.

I've been telling Gideon that mommy and daddy will both have laser robot eyes. I think maybe I think that's funnier than he thinks it is. But I feel a little bit bad because the kid is bound to need glasses and he's going to feel all alone.

Just as a PRK update, my surgery was about 3 1/2 to 4 months ago. I think I have 20/20 vision in one eye and just about 20/20 in the other. One eye is a tiny bit better than the other, but I only notice at the movie theater, for some strange reason. The only problems I still have is that my eyes are still kind of light sensitive. I have to wear sunglasses while on the computer if I'm on for any time. Otherwise my eyes feel tired and strained. And I still have to put the prescribed goop in my eyes before bed. A few times I haven't put enough on and I've woken up with one eye slightly stuck together. It hurts. I was supposed to be done with the goop by now, but I'm not. Overall though, I am really happy I did it--horrendous pain and all. And it was horrendous! It was a tougher recovery than my c-section!

In writing related news, I have totally slacked this week on revisions. I am 2/3rds of the way done, but I just got lame and distracted. I will hear by the end of November if a full manuscript will be requested. I'm hopeful, but realistic. I have a fantastic idea for my next book, and I really want to get started, but I'm kind of scared. I think I'll wait until after our trip. It's a totally different kind of book, and I think it will be a lot of fun to write.

No comments: