Sunday, November 30, 2008

Passivity

Ugh. I feel so passive.

I'm such a slacker!!!!

What's been going on? Thanksgiving was good. Gideon''s birthday was awesome. I have some vague, cold-like thing that's been going on for a month and a half. I'm not even really sick. It just comes and goes, but never truly goes away.

Gideon, who used to be the most awesomest sleeper in the world, has totally taken his revenge upon us. He refuses to sleep in his own bed and will only go to sleep when we go to sleep. So he's been up until midnight and then promptly wakes up at 7AM and then takes three hour naps in the afternoon.

So why don't I wake him up?

Because he's been up with us since midnight and then we have freedom and we want time to ourselves. So it's a vicious cycle. Plus, we're going on our cruise on Friday and his sleeping will be all messed up anyway. So we might as well just deal with it.

I have become a reluctant 'co-sleeper'. Which doesn't really bother me. I'm not opposed to actual 'co-sleeping'. I'm just opposed to giving it a name and declaring it as some sort of intentional parenting technique. Because we don't believe in rules! We're anarchists! We're un-parenting!!!!!! Vive la resistance!

I kind of love having Gideon sleep with me. But he coughs. Cause he's got the same vague non-sickness sickness that we don't have either. And he's a bed hog and kicks me in my face and shoves me over to the far side of the bed so I'm all scrunched up in the fetal position.

But he looks really cute. And the other night he laughed in his sleep and it was sooo funny. I have no idea what he was laughing about. But whatever it was, it must have been good.

Although I showed Gideon YouTube videos of animals kicking people in the nuts and he thought that was hysterical too. Apparently, the child has kind of a lowbrow sense of humor.

What else? I was in pain for two days because Gideon smacked me in the eye with a bristle brush. He scratched my cornea. PRK redux minus 90% of the pain. That's what you get for being tickled that your kid wants to brush your hair.

No comments: